Cucumber Reporter Bamboo problem displaying results

usman hussain November 14, 2012

Hey,

I have the cucumber plugin for bamboo installed and am running cucumber-jvm tests. When the test run finishes the build goes green. But when I click on the cucumber tab all the fields are empty.

I have added the JSON reporter to my RunCukesTest.java file:

@Cucumber.Options(tags = {"~@wip", "~@manual"}, format = {"pretty", "html:src/target/cucumber/html/cucumber-html-report", "json:src/target/cucumber/cucumber.json"})

The file can be seen (cucumber.json) on the test repository. But I am struggling to actually get the results displayed in the cucumber tab in Bamboo.

Where am I going wrong? Is there anything else I need to set up in order for Bamboo to locate the JSON file being created? I have specified the path when setting up as: **/target/cucumber/cucumber.json

the actual location of the file is tests/target/cucumber/cucumber.json

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Usman Hussain

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012
I have just published version 0.6 of the plugin after discovering a bug while investigating your problem. I highly recommend installing the new version and trying to view Cucumber reports using it.
Your configuration for the plugin looks correct to me and the bug was located in the Report UI and could stop reports from being viewed.
There is one simple trick to tell if the plugin collected a JSON report during your build:
  1. Open the build result you are interested in and select the "Metadata" tab.
  2. In the table you should see "CUCUMBER_JSON_REPORT" in the "key" column.

If the "CUCUMBER_JSON_REPORT" key is missing then the plugin did not find your JSON file.

usman hussain November 26, 2012

awesome... The plugin does find the JSON file as I can see CUCUMBER_JSON_REPORT appear in the metadata tab. I will give the new version a whirl and let you know how I get on.

Again this is really appreciated the reply and work you have done.

Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

It's worth noting the updated version of this add-on now has better debugging for problems with finding the JSON file

SuveerSpark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2017

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this? 

Im having a similar issue where the plugin is failing.

In the metadata, I see the key : CUCUMBER_JSON_REPORT but the value is null.

The error in the log is : 

Could not execute task 'BDD-INsights' no Plugin with key 'com.hindsighttesting.behave.cucumber-bamboo-plugin:cucumberReportTask' is installed.

Now I have installed the plugin via the marketplace, but it appears i am missing something,

Can you help me identify what that is, in this vague description of an issue by any chance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events