Creating issue when the issue transit from one status to another in jira workflow using Automation f

Pooja September 20, 2018

Hi,

In my case,

1. I have a JSD Project. When I move an issue from one status to other(In-progress to In-Review) the issue has to create in Jira software project.
  2. The creation of an issue is based on the drop-down custom field selection.

EX:  I have a single select drop-down custom field with the name OS in the JSD Project.

The drop-down values are IOS and Windows. When I select an IOS values in JSD Project, the issue has to create automatically in Jira software project(IOS Project)

When I select a Windows values in JSD Project, the issue has to create automatically in Jira software project(Windows  Project).

Using Automation for Jira / Bob-swift plugin

Can someone help me

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi Pooja,

You can do this fairly easily with the paid version of Automation for Jira that supports if/else type statements. Your rule (created in the JSD project) would look something like this:

• Trigger: Issue transitioned (with your source & target statuses selected)
  • If block with JQL condition with "OS = iOS"
    • Create issue action for the iOS project
  • else if block with JQL condition with "OS = Windows"
    • Create issue action for the Windows project

For more help, see our docs on conditions: https://docs.automationforjira.com/components/conditions/conditions.html

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Andreas

Pooja September 21, 2018

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your suggestion. It worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events