Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create an epic in Automation for Jira Server and add an epic link to it to the trigger issue

Hi,

In my Jira server setup, I have created a manually triggered rule, which creates an epic from a specific issue. It copies some fields s.a. summary, description etc...

What I want, is that the trigger issue is added as an Epic Child to the newly created Epic. I haven't been able to find a way to do it, since I can't think of a way to link to the newly created epic from the triggerissue.

I have thought of using branches, since it will put me in the perspective of the newly created Epic. But in that branch I can't think of a way to change any fields of the trigger issue. So that's no help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Pim Janissen 

You're almost there! The Create issue action populates a new smart value called {{createdIssue}} which you can use in further rule actions.

The following screenshot shows how to link the newly created Epic to the trigger issue.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 11.51.00.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

149 views 3 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you