Create a Case/Switch using Automation

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

I'm exploring the options with Automation and while we do have the IF/Else block I don't think that we have something like a Case/Switch.

My use case would be a way to have a single field tested against several values but only execute the block of actions of the value found and not test anything else anymore.

In script this would mean you add a break in your case but nothing like that exists in Automation.

Anybody got some suggestions on how to mimic the behavior of a case where we can exit the actions block when the value is matched?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Dirk Ronsmans , just following up on this oldie-but-goodie:

There's an open feature suggestion for case blocks at JRACLOUD-74958 . Take a look and add your vote if this sounds like it would work for your use-case.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Daniel Eads ,

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely looks like what I had in mind back then :)

Appreciate the followup!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events