Could not connect to Google Drive

Tobias Kreß June 22, 2018

I just installed the Drive Connector Plug-In and it shows up in the Macros dropdown in Confluence. When I try to add the Drive Connector to the page, I get an alert saying "Could not connect to Google Drive. Please try again later".

Can be reproduced on Safari and Chrome, regardless wether Content-/Ad-Blocking Plugins are enabled or disabled.

How ca I fix this?

1 answer

1 vote
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Do you have a firewall or proxy in your network that might affect this? Is there another network you can test with?

Tobias Kreß June 27, 2018

Tested with MacOS 10.13.5, with its built-in firewall disabled:

• at home, with no proxy or firewall
  • at the office, with no proxy or firewall
  • when I’m commuting by train and I’m connected to my phone via tethering

In all three scenarios, the same alert is shown.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

Hard to say, never had another report of this. Exactly where does the error show, could you screenshot it please?

Tobias Kreß July 5, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.24.55.png

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2018

Do you have third-party cookies disabled, maybe? The addon sits in an iFrame on the draw.io domain, but needs to use the authenication cookie on accounts.google.com.

Tobias Kreß July 5, 2018

I have temporarily enabled website tracking in safari und restarted. Same error. If have included the console output after I added the Google Drive Connector to the page and after I clicked Close in the alert.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.48.12.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.46.50.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.46.57.png

Dirck Copeland September 6, 2018

Similar issue here, I have installed the Google Drive Connector macro and can navigate to the draw.io files on google drive but as soon as I select them, I get the following:

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.10.09 PM.png

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2018

Do you have an ad blocker blocking access to the google domain?

Dirck Copeland September 7, 2018

I do not have an ad blocker for any domain. I can see a preview of the files in screen shot prior to the error screen shot above. As soon as I select the "Select" button, I get the previous screenshot about "Error loading file, file not found" which is odd because it can see it at this point.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.23.58 AM.png

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

I'd suggest to submit a support ticket to support@draw.io is this persists.

Aaron Bonnell-Kangas January 19, 2019

I'm also experiencing this issue, and this support thread is the only one I've found discussing the issue.

@David Benson _draw_io_ - did anybody in this thread end up submitting support tickets? Is this a known issue now?

Like Basti likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events