Copy from custom field (Dev Story Points) to smart field (Story Point Estimate)

Manan Parikh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2022

We have team-managed Jira Software project setup where we initially created a custom field for "Dev Story Points" but later realized that the story points need to be a part of the smart field "Story Points estimate"; in order for us to make sure the reports are generated properly.

I am trying to run an automation rule for the same, but am kind of lost in terms of setting the right action in "Edit Field". I am trying to run this as a one time scheduled JQL query.

Any help is highly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2022

Hi @Manan Parikh

Trigger: scheduled trigger with the jql you need to update the tickets

Action: edit field and in the estimate custom field add the smart value custom field for story points. {{issue.Story Points}}

Link: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Manan Parikh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2022

Thanks for the response @Fabian Lim , just to make sure I am doing this right - 

I am trying to copy from "Dev Story Points" TO "Story Points estimate".

In this case I would need to do the following:

1) Schedule a JQL query

2) Set an action (this is where I am confused), I have tried a few things here and nothing seems to have worked.

3) I am trying to pull the values from a custom field to Smart Value {{issue.Story Points estimate}}

Can you let me know if this is even possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events