Confluence cloud space import. All gliffy diagrams are lost?

Mikael W April 17, 2020

Hi all,

Just did a Confluence Space migration from one Confluence Cloud to another.

The import went well all data and pages are included except that we seem to have lost all gliffy diagrams.

Context:
Confluence A (export) has a gliffy licence.
Confluence B (import) does not yet have a gliffy licence.

Question:
If we add gliffy to Confluence B, do we get the diagrams from the import or do we need to make a re-import of the export of Confluence A in order to get hold of all diagrams? 

Perhaps there's a third solution to the problem that I haven't thought of?

Cheers,
Mikael

2 answers

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

Hi Mikael!

It's correct that you'll need to get that Gliffy license set up on Confluence B. I think that the diagrams are "there" and you won't need to do another import, but I have reached out to our support team to confirm. 

A very quick way to find out might be by activating your free trial of Gliffy for Confluence B, if you haven't used it yet!

Hope that helps. Please feel free to email support directly (support@gliffy.com) and they can follow up with you there — otherwise, I'll let you know what I hear right here. :)

Have a good weekend!

Samie

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2020

Hi Mikael, Happy Monday!

Following up after hearing from our support team — assuming that you included attachments in your migration (as detailed here), the data for your diagrams should be there. What would be showing up on your new site if that's the case is the "unknown macro" error.

If that's the case, it's an easy fix: all you need to do is get Gliffy set up on the new site! Re-importing shouldn't be necessary.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if that doesn't work for some reason or if you have further questions.

Samie

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2020

You need, at a minimum:

1) Gliffy installed

2) The page attachments to have migrated over.

if you have links to pages in diagrams, I’m not sure if those are migrated to the target platform.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events