[Confiforms] Webservice rest api with multiselect field

Xavier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

Dear all,

In a Confluence page, using Confiforms, I try to use "consume" a DB dropdown multiselect values field (cst16000) to a WebService using Rest API Jira (to create a Jira ticket with provide data from my page).

The need is to push all values from this dropdown to the Insight Object Custom Field (customfield_16000) of Jira ticket I want to create.

It works well, except when I select multiple values on my dropdown.

On my IFTTT integration rules, I add a 'No format' block, with this kind of data (below code runs when select only one value)

{
    "fields": {
       "project": {
          "key": "XXX"
       },
	   "reporter" : {
			"name":"[user.name]"
		},
	   "summary":             "[entry.summary.escapeJSON]",
           "description":         "[entry.desc1.escapeJSON]",
	   "customfield_16000" :  [{"key": "[entry.cst16000.id]"}],
	   "issuetype": {
          "name": "YYYY"
       }
   }
}

Manually, I can populate multiple values like this:

"customfield_16000" : [{"key": "KEY1"}, {"key": "KEY2"}],

How I can have all my values under an array ?

In other way, I try to use a Insight Object field type (runs as I can select only one value). But when trying to use an "Insight object (multiselect)", I have no the option to select the Object Type (as proposed with "Insight Object dropdown." So what is the difference between those two kind of fields ?

How I can use Insight Object (multiselect) with the rest api to have the same result ?

thanks in advance.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Xavier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

I finally found using virtual function:

[[entry.cst16000.transform(id).asArrayOfKVPairs(key)]]

reagrds

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

ConfiForms has a bunch on "virtual functions" you can apply on the data to transform it the way you need, the full list could be found here - ConfiForms virtual functions

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2022

Just wanted to add that I changed id to objectKey to make it work. In your example it would be:

[[entry.cst16000.transform(objectKey).asArrayOfKVPairs(key)]]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events