Confiforms - How to modify an attachment name on upload (to avoid versioning on new attachments)

Matthew Martin December 3, 2018

Hey there,

When you use the fileupload file type, versioning comes into play if two files are uploaded with the same name. This causes complications if you are viewing entries in a table as, the attachment entry in the table will only show the newest version of a file and not necessarily the attachment that is associated with the table entry.

Is there either a way to:

• set it so that the fileuploader does not accept files with identical names to those already attached to the page?
  • change file names before they are saved to a page?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2018

This is clearly a (UI) bug in the "File" field in ConfiForms. As the version of the attachment is not correctly shown, and always the latest is taken. This will be fixed asap.

Regarding the "rename" functionality - how do you see it shall be done? Using some pattern or adding some kind of a timestamp or UUID to the filename?

Matthew Martin December 4, 2018

Thanks Alex for your quick response.

In regards to the rename functionality, I have a number of pages with hundreds of attachments and none of the attachments follow a similar naming scheme because I can't force something and the attachments are uploaded by anyone. As such, if I want to clear the page of attachments by downloading them all and deleting them, they become a huge disorganised mess following the download.

Example: "[user] Request [entry.id]".filetype

That's primarily what I was thinking.

Chris Jones February 3, 2022

Dear Alex Medved,

Could I check whether the above-mentioned bug fix was made, especially the second part in relation to setting attachment filenames according to a specified pattern?

Thank you

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Hi

There is no bug with file renames, as this functionality simply does not exist.

ConfiForms does not provide a way to "rename" files on upload

Alex

Like Chris Jones likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events