Cloud API Authorization - Postman not working

Tim Barrow November 28, 2021

Definitely new to this ...and struggling.

If I'm logged into my cloud account, can put the https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search into the same browser and come up with the 50 or so issues.

Go to Postman, and getting 401 Unauthorized.  I'm using basic authentication, with my email that I log into jira along with API key I generated.  I've also tried to use email:apikey converted to base64 - that also gives me the 401 Unauthorized.

Postman ScreenShot.jpg

Can anyone let me know what step is missed here?

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2021

Hi @Tim Barrow ,

I've checked my configuration and it is the same - Basic Auth: email + API token.

When I for example add one letter to the API token, I got the same error message, so are you 100% sure you've filled it up correctly? Sometimes spaces are added in the beginning or the end of the token and then the token is invalid.

Tim Barrow November 28, 2021

Checked for additional spaces (used notepad++ to make sure there wasn't something extra added).  Showed the password and made sure it matched the API token that I generated.  Made sure that the email exactly matched what was on my site.

Unfortunately none of this worked.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

Hi @Tim Barrow ,

thank you, this is really strange, it should work.

Another idea - maybe you can try to create a new token?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events