Close all Child issues when the Parent issue are Resolved

L_ PEREIRA May 26, 2021

Hi,

I have a question that goes against the grain of what is usually asked about:

It's possible that when the issue PARENT is closed, automatically all your issues CHILD will be closed with the same resolution?

Example:

I had a massive incident that generated 100 tickes (child's). They are linked to the issue parent, so, when the issue parent problem is solved, the children's problems should be solved automatically with the same resolution.

It's possible?

Cheers,
Leticia

2 answers

2 votes
L_ PEREIRA May 26, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

Thanks for the feedback!

I managed to get close to something similar, however, I am having trouble replicating the resolution  (description of the solution):

log error.jpg

Would that be a New Action?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Yea, add a new action before the transition that sets the resolution. The other option would be to remove resolution from the transition screen used in the workflow and instead use a post function that sets the resolution. 

L_ PEREIRA May 26, 2021

Thank you so much! =)

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi @L_ PEREIRA,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, this can easily be done using Automation, there is actually one in the Automation library that you can use. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 3.25.36 PM.png 

Ana Berland June 2, 2022

Would this work for other issue types such as requirements? Or would it only work for sub-tasks? If a story was a parent to several requirement issue types would it be possible to utilize the same rule?

Like Eetu Heino likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events