Cannot sort structure, neither by rank nor manually

Martin Härri April 13, 2020

Capture.JPGHere's my structure. I am trying to move an Epic up or down, but get the same error message, no matter if I sort by Rank, or manually. I thought that either of the 2 should work in any case...?

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi Martin,

You are right, manual or rank ordering should allow moving epics up or down a row (though not up or down hierarchy level). Can you quote the error you receive, maybe this can help to identify the problem. 

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Martin Härri April 14, 2020

Capture2.JPGThank you, Egor. Here's the error message. I was trying to move an Epic with some improvements underneath. The issues are sorted by Rank

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi Martin,

My guess would be that there is a sorting transformation present, but that would mean that you can actually move items when Automation button is pressed. Can you try moving issues when generators are visible? If not then maybe we are facing a bug here, in which case I'd recommend to contact us at support@almworks.com to identify its source.

Regards,
Egor

Martin Härri April 16, 2020

Ha! Problem solved. I realized that another filter was active, which either myself or someone else must have activated. It was automatically sorting by "Updated", and that of course is something that cannot be overruled by dragging lines in a different sequence.  False alarm, but thanks for your help, Egor!

Updated.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events