Can we remove xls download option in Jira ProForma forms?

ramya_v May 27, 2020

I'm working with ProForma and building a form which has multiple dynamic forms. 

What I observed is, if the form is downloaded as xls all the rows are seen in a single row. Instead is it possible to have multiple rows in xls, one per form entry with all the fields for that entry in their own row?

Or

Can we remove xls download option from the form?

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks!

Ramya

1 answer

0 votes
andrewd October 8, 2020

Hi @ramya_v ,

I am Andrew, support engineer for ProForma.

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you clarify what you mean by saying "if the form is downloaded as xls all the rows are seen in a single row. Instead is it possible to have multiple rows in xls, one per form entry with all the fields for that entry in their own row?"

Are you saying that when you download all form instances for a given form, that each row represents an issue and the fields are put into separate columns per row?
Or are you saying that you do not want the option at all to download the form from the issue-view?

Can you also disclose what version of ProForma you're using as well as which Jira version and associated Jira platform you're operating on (Software, JSD), and whether you're on Server, Data Center or Cloud?

In general, I'd like to inform you also that we’re in the process of preparing for our next major release some exciting new developments with regards to the form download process for users. This includes providing an API for the customer to generate spreadsheets, the ability to specify extra fields for inclusion in the spreadsheet, and the ability to provide/specify a JQL query. This may provide you with the spreadsheet improvements you're looking for.
There is also the option to download your forms individually as PDF or spreadsheet as well.

Let us know your thoughts anyway.

Regards,
Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events