Can't import Object Schema export in Insight

ajmoran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2021

Hello,

I have exported a full Object Schema and now want to import the resulting zip file in a new schema. I've copied the file.zip which was in the /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/export/insight/ directory to the /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/insight/ directory.

I've changed the owner of the file to belong to same one which exported it ("jira").

I can see the file in the Configuration->Import/Export tab.

But when I try to import it, I've got the following error:

Error

NotFoundInsightException: Import file not found

(see screen capture)

pbinsight.PNG

In the Inisght log (/opt/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/insight_objectschema_import.log) I've found :

2021-04-08 14:22:01,284 [http-nio-8080-exec-5 url: /rest/insight/1.0/objectschemaimport/import/server/nowarning; user: XXXXXXXXXXXX] | Initial error, when unzipping file: , Error: NotFoundInsightException: Import file not found
com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.common.exception.NotFoundInsightException: NotFoundInsightException: Import file not found

I've changed the permissions to rw for everybody. The zip file is correct and can be unzipped correctly.

Do you have an idea of what is going on ?

Thanks in advance

PS: our installation has a symlink between /opt/atlassian and /var/atlassian

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Costa June 3, 2021

Symbolic links are not compatible with Insight imports. You will have to remove the symbolic link with the exact file path. 

Daniel Kremer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2021

Same Problem. At what point do I need to remove the link?

- attachments.xml

- export-details.properties

- jira-configuration.xml

- schema.xml

Thanks and kind Regards

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events