Can an Insight Reference field clear its value if the parent field's value gets changed?

Amr Hamza February 11, 2019

I have an Insight Reference Field (let's call it Field X) and its parent is a normal Insight Field (let's call it Field Y). Both work well.

The issue is that when the value of Field Y gets cleared, the value of Field X gets cleared as well which is expected and desirable. However, when the value of Field Y gets changed to another value, Field X seems to retain the same value, which is not desirable.

I would expect or I would like that the value of Field X gets cleared as well, encouraging the user to select a new value based on the new value selected in Field Y.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Hi Amr.

Thank you for raising this here.

We were able to reproduce this behavior, and confirm this to be a bug.

We have published our findings here: ICS-1123 - so you can add yourself as a Watcher, in order to be notified once we have released a fix for this Bug.

Wishing you a nice weekend :)

Kind regards,

Yinon

Team Riada

Amr Hamza February 15, 2019

Hi Yinon,

Thanks for your response to my post and for your usual support.

The ticket is now on my watch list. Hopefully, it can be resolved soon.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Amr

0 votes
BG Pantaleon November 29, 2022

Any update with this? The ticket is no longer accessible. We are experiencing same behaviour in the Jira Cloud.

0 votes
anarcon GmbH October 21, 2020

The issue is that when the value of Field Y gets cleared, the value of Field X gets cleared as well which is expected and desirable.

Hello,

I can not observe this behaviour even though it would be well appreciated. However, the bug ticket describes exactly that this is still missing.

@Yinon Negev 

The bug ticket is still in status "Open". Can you please provide an outlook if this will be solved soon?

Best regards,
André

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events