Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I use automateion to sum story point estimate field values from subtask to parent?

Just like summing story points to a parent I want to do the same thing with story point estimates.  for example if I have 3 subtasks for a story, each with story point estimate = 5. Then I want the parent story point estimate to show the sum of15.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jul 31, 2021

@Thomas Sacco:

Check out this video tutorial on how to sum up subtask story points to a story: https://youtu.be/60sWD66l19k

You may have to use a separate customfield for the story points estimate if you don't have one already.  

Cheers

Thanks Fabian, the video shows how to sum up story points, not story point estimates.  

Fabian Lim Community Leader Aug 02, 2021

@Thomas Sacco 

If you are in Cloud, you can use the original estimate custom field. You can modify the smart values to be {{lookupIssues.original estimate.sum}} instead of {{lookupIssues.Story Points.sum}}.

Cheers.

thank you Fabian I will give that a try

0 votes

You can look into ScriptRunner, which can easily do this. The downside of things is that you will need to know how to write the script that will do it.

Im not familiar with scriptrunner yet.  Is there any guidance online?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events