Can I create custom Test Type for Xray test issue type?

Avimanyu Chakraborty July 4, 2018

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to add a new Test Type for Xray Tests. So, in addition to the existing test types (Manual/Cucumber/Generic), is there a way to add a custom test type?

Thanks,

Avi.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2018

Hi Avimanyu,

Currently you can with some restrictions: custom Test Types, except for some well-known names, will be mapped internally to Generic Tests.

Please have a look at our documentation page on this topic:

https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Test#Test-TestTypes

Best regards,

Xray Team

Avimanyu Chakraborty July 5, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Can you please help me find the exact location of adding custom values to Test Type in JIRA administration?

As per the documentation link you shared, it seems I should be able to add restricted custom test types, but when I looked into the XRAY menu in JIRA administration "Add-ons" section, I am unable to find the Test Type custom field addition.

Please help.

Like Sue Ordonez likes this
0 votes
Avimanyu Chakraborty July 5, 2018

I am able to get the custom field added from JIRA administration now. We need to go to Admin -> Issues -> FIELDS -> Custom fields, then select Test Type and configure it to add custom test types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events