BobSwift run-now replacing of template variable

Iris Abramovitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2016

hello,

I have tried to replace a query parameter from a template variable without success. I tried setting a metadata variable and that seemed to work as long as the metadata defined was static.

I want to be able to do the following

{run-now} {include:$ProjectName} {sql:datasource=Report_DataMart} select '$first', key FROM [dbo].[strategy]   where key like '$first%' {sql} {run-now}

where $first is a template parameter.

I have also tried this {run:replace=first:$first} {sql:datasource=Report_DataMart} select * FROM [dbo].[strategy]   where key like '$first%' {sql} {run}

with out any success. only thing I got working is select '%metadata_example1%' however metadata plugin does not support getting it's value from a template parameter.

Thanks in advance,

Iris

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

I don't know how you can get a template variable to work in this scenario sad.

Carrie Moley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2018

Our company just upgraded from 3.5.9 to 6.8.1 (I know...we got behind). 

In 3.5.9, we were able to wrap template variables in the metadata-list macro. This was great, because it let us define list values for our users to fill out in a form and then create custom reports from the result:

{metadata-list}
|| Date | @Date|textarea(1,40)@ |
|| Requester | @Requester|textarea(1,40)@ |
|| Type | @Type|list(Select,Maintenance,Incident,Defect,Complaint,Query)@ ||
{metadata-list}

I am trying to figure out how to do this with 6.8.1, but it seems that I can either have variables that are not metadata, or static metadata that people have to fill in manually rather than choose from a list.

Is anyone able to help me with a great suggestion here?

Thanks,
Carrie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events