Bob Swift Advanced Tables

Deleted user February 10, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to build a table that shows me the parent-child relationship as follows on confluence to help with reporting status (issues correctly built/Linked in JIRA):

Feature A

Epic 1

Epic 2

Feature B

Epic 3

Epic 4

Excel has a similar function that groups Rows together.  Is there any way to create this on Confluence using Bob Swift Advanced Table or something similar to that?  Are there any macros that would allow you to do this?

Appreciate any pointers

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 10, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thanks for posting your requirement!

We are from the Bobswift support team and we have created a support ticket: SUPPORT-5931 for your request.

Please signup here: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/signup and once you signup, please let us know your username so that we can add you to the reporter of the support request and discuss further on the issue.

Regards,
Raja

Deleted user February 11, 2021

I've created my account on your portal using my corporate email. Not sure where to find username.  It simply has my name and my email address so not sure between which of those is the username

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thank you for signing up into our portal.

Please let us know the user name which you are seeing on the portal after you logged in.

So that we can make you the reporter of Support-5931 later you can log in to our portal and can access the ticket.

Thanks,
Raja

Hi Raja,

This is what I see when  Iogin:BobSwift Login.jpg

There is no username I see even when I hover over the user icon.  When I select profile, I see my name and email address

How do I access the username?

Hi @[deleted],

Thanks for signing up.

Now, we could see your name "Robert Okemo" in our portal, and we have added you as the reporter to the ticket.

Please log in and access the issue to discuss further: Support-5931

Regards,
Raja

Excellent! Thank you!

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user February 22, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thank you for signing up with us and as discussed in support ticket, the https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5931, 

We were able to achieve this use case using the JSON macro. Please refer to the below example, here you can get the issue key, type and linked issues in a table which are extracted from REST API. You can copy the below storage format and modify your project and issue keys accordingly.

Please refer to the below screenshot for the same:screenshot-4.png

Here is the storage format of the example that we have tested in our instance.
{code}
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="00384471-9938-4c5e-909f-ce7b7db48ed3" ac:name="json-table" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="sortDescending">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="autoNumber">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="capitalize">false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="headingAugments">key,Linked issues, Issue Type Name</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="url">https://abcd.efgh.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%20%3D%20test%20and%20issuetype%20%3D%20epic</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="output">wiki</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="columnStyles"/>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldPaths">key,fields.issuelinks[*].inwardIssue.key,fields.issuetype.name</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="password">automation</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="sortColumn">1</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="paths">issues</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="user">automation</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="augments">,"%[%json-table:table=true%!%headingAugments=Linked Issue%]%%2%%[%json-table%]%"</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
{code}

Thanks,
Raja

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

I guess that your problem will be solved with the help of the Bobswift support team, but in case other Community members will come across this question: we have a similar app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

As we know, users often prefer its filtering capabilities provided by the Table Filter macro. But we also have the Pivot Table macro that works with dynamic Confluence macros perfectly well and allows you to group (aggregate) data (like pivot tables in Excel). 

Thanks Katerina.  I'm trying to use what I have as opposed to purchasing a whole new plug-in each time I need functionality to do something.  I will look into the Macro and see between Table Filter macro and the Bob Swift macros as I don't think I can justify the cost of both of them

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events