Biggantt: Stories under Features

Stella Berger March 30, 2021

Hello :)

In one of our projects we are working with a Epic -> Feature -> Story -> Sub-task Hierarchy. It seems like the Hierarchy Builder doesn´t put Stories under Epics.

Do I have a wrong configuration or is it not possible as easy as I think? In case it´s not configurable "out of the box" is there a way to work around this limitation? 

Thank you!

@Anna-BigPicture maybe you could also help me with this question. Thank you! <3)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Stella Berger

Of course, I'm in :)

Could you please confirm the expected outcome? Epic >> Story >> Feature >> Subtask, right? 

Indeed there is no built-in structure builder referring to Feature. However, in BigGantt, you can automatically create a no-limited number of WBS levels based on links and adjust it to your workflow. 

You can link Features with Stories in Jira using the Parent-Child relation link and then activate the accurate structure builders in Box Configuration >> Tasks >> Task structure. To achieve the structure mentioned above, please also remember to activate Epic & Sub-task builders. 
image - 2021-03-30T131428.964.png

The task structure (hierarchy) of a Box will be generated automatically by the App according to your specifications.

If your expected outcome is different, just let me know :)

Stella Berger March 30, 2021

Hi again @Anna-BigPicture  :)

The expected outcome should look like this:  Epic >> Feature >> Story >> Sub-task

With "Parent-Child relation link" do you mean a link relation between issues like "blocks" or "is blocked by" or where do I configure this relationship? 

The structure Builder "Parent to child relations" is not visible in my biggantt config. Is this a customed link type?

Thankssss!! :) 

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Stella Berger

We recommend using the "Parent-Child relation link" in this case.
If you don’t have such a link type in Jira, please go to Jira Administration >> Issues >> Issues Features >> Issue linking >> and add a new link type. See my image as a reference.

image - 2021-03-31T075211.560.png

Once such a link type is created in Jira, it will immediately appear as a structure builder in BigGantt >> Program Configuration >> Tasks >> Task Structure. Then please activate it and link Stories & Features.

This will be the final structure :)
image - 2021-03-31T075213.124.png

If something stays unclear, you know where to find me :)

Like # people like this
Stella Berger March 31, 2021

This is what I needed! Thanks a lot :)

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
March 31, 2021

You are welcome @Stella Berger :) 
I hope that other users experiencing the same issue will find this thread useful. 

Sofi de Zavalía May 17, 2021

Hello! i do that but in BigGantt i can´t see that option on the task structura

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
May 17, 2021

Hi @Sofi de Zavalía

Would you please be able to confirm if you still face problems? If so, please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots) so that I am able to shed more light on your doubts. 

Like Sofi de Zavalía likes this
Sofi de Zavalía May 18, 2021

Hello! Yes, I still have problems. I was able to see that option in the settings later, I guess it takes a while to update, but it doesn't change anything for me. On the one hand I want him to show me the epic to which the stories belong and on the other, I would like to have only a couple of epics in the gantt, I don't know if I can import epics or delete stories from the gantt without being deleted from the jira. thanks for your help

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-18 a la(s) 08.25.48.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-05-18 a la(s) 08.27.04.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-05-18 a la(s) 08.26.35.png

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
May 18, 2021

Hi @Sofi de Zavalía

Please have a look at my answer here. Let me know if my answer fully covered your question. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events