Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

BigPicture Gantt: When a new task is added with a due date, the timeline on Gantt is never correct.

So ya, whenever I add a new task, I put in a start/due date and all the other info. Then I go over to BigPicture Gantt and I see the task, but its timeline does not reflect the task's info. For some reason regardless of the tasks start and end date, it could even be a task thats already passed its due date just for testing purposes, the timeline of that task on Gantt will be set to today.

Does anyone know why it does this and how to change it? It's really annoying to have to manually update each task again on Gantt after creating it. 

Thanks.

2 answers

Hi George,

What is your Task Configuration? If you want to use Start Date and Due Date then it should look like that:

due_date_server.png

Beside of that, there can be multiple reasons for this behavior, e.g.:

• Parent-task that defines this task Start Date and Due Date
  • Artificial task (can be not visible if quick filters are active)
  • The same project can be in the scope of another program with a different structure

Let me know if any of the above hints helped you.

Cheers,

Patryk

Hi Patryk,

I am interested in your answer.

Where can I access to the task configuration ?

Thanks,

Camille

Hello George, 
You can access Task Configuration in Jira Administration >> Apps/Manage Apps >> BigPicture Technical Configuration >> General. 
See my image as a reference. 

121644457_1753434864804249_6957651655024511797_n.pngPlease let me know if you need more hints.

Cheers,

Anna 

SoftwarePlant Support

Hello Anna,

Thanks a lot for your answer. 

Camille

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

216 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you