BigGantt - show end date in Jira issue

Lawrence Lam August 10, 2020

We just installed BigGantt into our Jira Cloud.  We left the "general synchronization settings" as-is out of the box.  So the "End date field" is mapped to "End date (customfield_10050)".   (see screen shot of general synchronization settings below)

I have set the start and end date for various Jira issues in the Gantt view.  I can see the start date field within the various Jira issue's detail view being updated., but I can't see the end date field in the Jira issue's detail view.   How do I make the end date field visible within the Jira issue's detail view? (see screen shot of Jira issue detail view below)

I have already gone into the project's settings for various issue types, and "end date" is not one of the "previously created fields" I can drag into / add to the context fields.

````````````````````````  BigGantt general synchronized settings ``````````````````````````````````

BigGantt default configuration.png

``````````````````````````  Jira issue detail view  ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

NKeGFkOKbK.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Hello Lawrence

I struggled with adding fields to the issue detail view, too :) So here's how I managed to add the 'End date'.

While in my issue detail view, I clicked three dots > Configure.

jira-cloud-configure-issue-detail-view.png

I was transferred to the Issue layout. Important was the link marked with the green marker. I clicked it.

issue-layout.png

I found myself searching for the 'End date' using the bottom 'Search field' combo box and I was able to add the 'End date' to the list.

add-field-to-issue.png

Immediately thereafter, I refreshed the browser tab where my issue resided, to reveal the newly added 'End date' field.

end-date-in-jira-task.png

Lawrence Lam August 18, 2020

Thank you Marcin for your detail instructions.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events