Automation rules seem to stop working when an update is available

Simon Brooke April 19, 2018

Hiya,

This is quite strange. I have had two occasions where my automation rules just stopped working... In both cases when I did a routine check of my plugins there was an Automation for JIRA update pending...

Applying the update then caused the rules to start working again...

Seems very odd and unlikely...any thoughts?

May have also coincided with reindexes...hard to say...

Regards,

Simon

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2018

Simon,

This is concerning to say the least. I'd imagine it is a co-incidence about the pending upgrade (esp, as we do multiple releases a week so it is almost a default state to be in).

Are you talking about scheduled rules or just all rules? Either way this very bad and it is best to raise a support case at:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/3

I'd hope there is some kind of clue in the Jira logs so if you can add a Support Zip to that ticket created that should get us long way to figuring out what is going on.

DO NOT attach the log to this forum post.....

Cheers,

Nick [Automation for Jira]

Simon Brooke April 20, 2018

Thanks Nick, I'll have a trawl through and see if I can see anything... Do you know if there is a way to get the plugin to print enhance debug, e.g. to its own logfile or similar?

Thanks for the prompt response,

Simon

James Reece
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2020

Hi Nick.

I am seeing the same issue.  My investigations led me to here - funnily enough, Simon worked for me when he posted this original issue.  It's the same Jira instance affected. 

Anyhow, it's the only lead I have.  Could you possibly ping me the link to your "Update instructions / guide"?   A slight error led to kicking off the Update and now it's hanging...

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events