Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation for jira - create based on issue type?

Hi Guys,

Somewhat simple quesation here but I can't find the answer. I just want to staory issue type create to kickoff an automated subtask. In an automation rule, whats the syntx for issuetype? Thank you!

2 answers

Tap "Add component", then select  Issue fields condition and there you are able to select the issue type for the automation.

I do not see this option at all. Can you provide some more information? I have not found any way to select an issue type for an automation but it would make my life a lot easier if I could!

@Lydia M 

On the left, where you have the flow (When->Then), you have an option below to Add Component. Create a "If: New Condition" and move it up after the When item.

image.png

Use Issue Field Condition

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader May 11, 2018

Robert,

I would use when an issue is created or issue is updated as your trigger.  Then for the condition use JQL to define the issue type.  The JQL would be issuetype = "Story" where Story is the issue type name.  Then you can add your action to create a subtask.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

728 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you