Automation for closing duplicates with same summary

Cristina Carrillo February 27, 2024

We receive emails into our board with the same Summary, currently it's a very manual process to link all duplicates with high volume we receive.

I would like to create an automation that detects if an issue exists with the same number and automatically move the new duplicate to done.

Example:

1st email - Title issue #xxxxx

2nd email - Title issue #xxxxx (this is now a duplicate) 

From my understanding the current automation to close duplicates only closes linked issues. I would like an automation that looks for an issue with the same # and automatically move it to done.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

You can do this with automation. All you have to do is use the lookup issues to find existing issues with similar summaries and then close them. Here is an example of an automation that I have that closed issues with the same Prisma Id in the description

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 9.31.08 AM.png

Cristina Carrillo February 27, 2024

Will this work if every ticket is the same, the only difference for my issues are the consumer name and case # but the title / description are all identical. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Yes, it will work on multiple issues as well. You can sort of see it in my automation above, there is an if/else condition that checks the size of lookupIssues. If it returns more then 1 then you just add an advanced branching in the else and it will iterate over the returned issues. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events