• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Auto log time / make default time logs on Tempo

So, I need to log time for my company, but due to my position I'm logging every day the same amount of time, on the same task. 

I feel real stupid clicking on every single day to log my work. Is there any way to either have Jira put a value by default, or to add multiple work logs at once?

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Gavrilo,

There is no option to create worklogs automatically available within JIRA or Tempo, but you can log work for a selected period. 

Open the Log work dialog either in the Timesheet view or the Tempo panel in the issue view and select the "Period" option. Then set the dates and the hours you need to log.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

That's fantastic, thanks! 

This has been so helpful!

1 vote
Answer accepted

You have the ability to log by period. On the worklog screen select Period then enter start date and end date  and work per day. So if you work 4hours per day for the week then using this week as an example you would use start date as Jan 21 and end date as Jan 25. Then 4h in the Work per day and that would add 4 hours to each of those days.

time.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Do Not Lose your Customer’s Trust

Missing deadlines is one of the biggest problems every team lead wants to avoid when dealing with managed services. When the customer contracts your company to help with IT services it is expected th...

24 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you