Atlassian documentation a gated community?

sri.sankaran November 9, 2011

As I learn the ropes of developing plugins for JIRA I have been spending quite some time poring through documentation. I expectantly followed a link that read ten common mistakes in plugin development.

Except, I was turned away with the message: You cannot view this page due to inherited restrictions

Inherited restrictions? Sins of my father? I am a licensed user of JIRA. What else is required?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Sorry for any misunderstanding here...The link in question is to an orphaned page (of a group of pages that were moved) of notes from a lightening talk at our 2008 Atlas Camp. I will make sure we get this sorted out, but in the meantime, the contents of that page are below.

Note these are a few years old, but the 'ten common mistakes' from the link are:

10. Forget to check permissions
9. Generate JS or CSS with Velocity
8. Long-running requests
7. Including your own WebWork, Velocity or JS library
6. Not working twice in the same page
5. Not testing in export, notifications, feeds
4. Rebuilding core functionality
3. Forgetting to encode HTML
2. Using the database instead of search
1. Forgetting to include the context path.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

The link is from AtlasCamp 2008. I can't find it on their site, only 2010 and 2011. They may have taken it down.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events