App privileges

Neven Panchev June 1, 2022

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent cloud app to support our approval process in Confluence and I really want to try the "Approvals for Confluence" by AppFox, but something is really bothering me. Why does the app require these permissions in Confluence? It's quite concerning to see:

Capture.PNG

I would imagine the app would need access to read/write pages and to view users, but administer spaces and host application and act on the user's behalf when they're offline.. that's a bit of an overkill unless a valid reason stands behind it. I would some more information as to the features which require these permissions, if possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Neven Panchev

Thanks for posting about this and happy to help. I'm part of the Marketing team here at AppFox and to be completely honest, this is not my area of expertise but I've contacted our developers for their input and will update you soon.

Just to make you aware, we're UK based and have a national holiday tomorrow and Friday so there might be a slight delay in our response.

If you have any other questions about Approvals for Confluence in the meantime, please email us (support@appfox.io) and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Neven Panchev 

Thanks for your patience. 

Our team have looked into this further and we require the user access to maintain approvals on pages that have access restrictions.  

The other two permissions were required for a maintenance function that has since been adjusted and we will look to remove these permissions at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks once again for raising this and if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us using the email address above.

Like Kristina likes this
Neven Panchev June 30, 2022

Thank you, Craig, much obliged!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events