Anyone else having issues with JIRA Autowatch? The name selector just spins for us now

Nathan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2018

JIRA autowatch has been working well, so we haven't changed anything for a few weeks. It seems, possibly when the new JIRA was officially released, that it stopped working. Anyone else having this issue

Or, does ayone know how we can get Atlassian Labs to look into the bug? I'm trying to ask this question here in case this is the way to do it :)

2 answers

1 vote
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

This is indeed caused by a Jira Cloud regression, more specifically in the AP.request JavaScript API of the Connect Framework.

There is an easy workaround, but it requires a small code change to the add-on (we had the same issue on our add-on). Maybe if you raise a support request with Atlassian?

Nathan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2018

Thanks David. Following that procedure it says you have three avenues of getting help - here on the Q&As, writing a review, or getting a partner to support the app. Not sure how a partner can update the code of this app, maybe it's open source? Any chance you / your team is able to do that if you have a good idea what needs updating on the AP.request JS API?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Cloud add-ons can only be maintained by the publisher of the add-on, because they're not just software, they're a service (SaaS).

You need to raise a support ticket with Atlassian (support.atlassian.com).

0 votes
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Hi Nathan, 

If still needed, there is another version of that plugin, released by Mohami: Autowatch for JiraIt works pretty well with the same functionnalities (our team uses it), but it is not free. 

Thanks.
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events