After installing version 1.7.13 I got following error:

Karl Shlayfman June 12, 2012
There were errors loading this plugin:
There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'Script Manager' in plugin 'groovyrunner'. Error retrieving dependency of class: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.ScriptManagerImpl. Missing class: groovy/lang/GroovyObject

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

Are you sure you installed the groovy jars as mentioned in the installation notes?

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-Installationofversionspriorto2.0.0

Yes I copied it to WEB-INF/lib and restrated my JIRA instance. That's all i did.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

So, what jars did you install to WEB-INF/lib?

I installed groovyrunner-1.7.13.jar

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012

Read the instructions carefully and you will see you need more jars :)

Thanks a lot. Are you familiar with this plug in? I am trying to update a custom field on the workflow transition and also automatically transiton when subtasks are resolved.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012

Oh yeah. That's one famous plugin by a famous person!

See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts for some useful examples.

Great!!! I am on the mission :) We have not used much of the customization other then what JIRA came with allowed us, so I will check this one out and see what I can do with it.

Thank you.

I am sorry to bother you again but i have a quick question for you. I am trying to close parent task when all subtask(s) are resolved. As i read the instruction that this should be done at the subtask workflow level typically under resolved and that is what I have done. I also moved this post function under Issue Resolved event per some comments in the instructions as well. Do you know what i might be missing?

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012

I am not exactly a groovy guy :) But what you done is correct in JIRA side. What is happening? Are you seeing some error in logs? Which script are you using?

I am not seeing any errors and nothing is happening. I am using one of the script it came with "

Script workflow function : Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved "

Checked the logs and seeing many of these errors: [jira.groovy.listener.ScriptRunnerUberListener] property parse exception

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events