Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Marketing Professionals group!

G’day Marketing Professionals!

Welcome to the new community group created just for you. We’re excited to have this group where Marketers can engage, share, and brainstorm ways of using Atlassian tools to run campaigns, create content, and drive strategies. This group welcomes all your questions and first-hand experience with using any Atlassian tool or if you want to just chat about a marketing campaign you saw.

Why Marketing Professionals?

We’re looking to start professional groups as a place for different roles to talk about best practices and ways of working related to their specific needs. We have community groups for different products but as a professional, you may use many different products to accomplish your goals. This group is focused on encouraging marketing professionals to share their tips and tricks, templates or questions to help you do your work better.

Objectives

Our objectives are to provide a great place to:

1. Learn about examples of using Atlassian products as a marketer

2. Discuss different workflows for marketing use cases

3. Share use cases and real-life examples of templates, content, and projects

4. Ask questions and share success with other marketers

5. Establish strong feedback loops with the Atlassian product teams for marketing use cases so we can continue to make our products better for you.

Meet the team

The community leaders managing this group will be a mix of Atlassian and Community marketers. Say hello to  @Teodora Vasileva , @Laura Holton , and myself. We are here to help you out, ask and answer questions, and make sure we all get something valuable out of being here!

The way the members of this group engage with each other is entirely based on the type of members that join. Thank you for bringing an open mind, thoughtful questions, and any wisdom you have to share with others. 

Now, tell us a little about yourself! Our members will benefit from knowing the type of people that join this group. Give a quick intro and let us know what you are looking to get out of the group.

• Perhaps knowing your background will spark a question. 

• Perhaps the type of marketing you focus most on or an area you are looking to learn more about. 

• Perhaps you will meet a new friend for coffee chats to discuss work, ideas, and careers. 

Whatever the case, consider responding to at least two of the icebreaker questions in the comments: 

1. What type of marketing do you do?

2. What is a campaign you loved?

3. What is a campaign that changed the way you thought about a product?

4. What do you hope to bring to this group?

5. What is your favorite template? 

6. What is your favorite work gif?

7. Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? 

8 comments

Comment

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 16, 2023

I'm looking forward to learning from this group! 🧠

A couple of icebreaker answers from me: 

• ❤️ A campaign I've always loved has been Dove's Real Beauty campaign. I loved hearing and learning about the positive impact it had on people around the world. 
  • ⭐️ My favorite and most-used Confluence template is the Project PosterWhen I'm just getting started with a new project, the very first thing I do is fire up this template to ground myself in the who, what, how, and why. It's so handy to have a project poster to share with anyone who might be impacted by the project, and to keep everyone informed and on the same page and able to easily understand the context and business case for your project. 
Like # people like this
Andrea Walters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2023

A group for marketers....count me in! 

My favorite work gif is definitely the floating dumpster fire. I mean... we've all been there, right?! Sometimes you just have to watch that thing float by and move on!

When I'm not working, you'll find me baking or exploring.  I like to share recipes I've tweaked for high-altitude bakers on Instagram.  Living in Colorado, it seems like almost everything needs an adjustment. And heck, even when I am working you'll find me baking.  My teammates will tell you that anytime we have an in person event or an in person offsite, I'll do a poll to see which sweet treats I should bring. See exhibit-A:
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 4.13.19 PM.png

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2023

I am thrilled to be part of this brand-new Atlassian Community initiative! 💙

Atlassian Ecosystem marketing is not an easy field, and I can't wait to hear the joys and struggles of other fellow marketers around.

A quick line about me - I joined the Atlassian world back in 2016 while working for Botron Software, a Gold, later Platinum Marketplace Vendor. Since then, I've been working with Appfire, Old Street Solutions, and now Tempo, and I am happy to say my work life rarely had boring days!

What type of marketing do you do?

I am all into Product (App) Marketing, but I often join forces with event teams (or, as in Botron, work in both positions). Testing products and creating Atlassian Marketplace content is one of my greatest joys.

What is a campaign you loved?

I am a big fan of the auto-moto industry, and I'm always in search of creative campaigns in this field. My top 1 is still The Hire, part of the BMW mini-series. Clever, witty, catchy... and expensive. Almost like the ad my teammate @Big Chris Cooke made to promote Old Street (same as The Hire; I still have strong feelings about it).

What do you hope to bring to this group?

Knowledge and experience in failing repeatedly while figuring out the best Atlassian Marketplace campaigns :)

Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? 

Where do I start... 😬
My perfect day consists of cooking, working out, and spending time in the open air. And I am an annoying health nerd who loves digging into the latest nutrition research or new health tech.

Happy to meet you all! 

Like # people like this
Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 18, 2023

Oh hello there!

Hello_giphy.gif

I'm super excited to get this group going and hear from other marketers about what you do and how you like to work. I've been around the Atlassian Community for some time now and love that we a public place to talk about #allthingsmarketing 

I've worn many different hats that fall under the marketing label and currently I'm a PMM on our Solutions Marketing team focusing on our Work Management products. This includes a lot of asset creation, sales enablement, and working with other teams on cross-product messaging. Plus getting to work closely with the community teams :) 

What is a campaign you loved?

I never used to drink Coke. I mean, I grew up in a Pepsi family - that was the ultimate betrayal to drink Coke. But, I loved their "Share a Coke" campaign. It did get me to buy a cokes on a few occasions as a gesture to share a personalized coke bottle with a friend. And now, I prefer Coke (but let's hope my family never finds out ;) 

Looking forwarding to chatting further with the group and please let us know if there are any topics you are interested in learning about!

Like # people like this
Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2023

Hello Marketers! 

So excited to join this group and learn from all of you ;) 

Let's do the icebreaker thing: 

1. The campaign I love is called English for Beginners and it's a Christmas commercial by Allegra (a Polish eCommerce platform). Tissues are highly recommended for watching :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU5Rnd-HM6A

2. Do I have a hobby? Yes, I do! Music is my passion I play instruments, write songs, sing, dance :) An artistic soul here

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2023

A community group for Atlassian marketers, I am so in! 

Our marketing team is relatively small so I am looking forward to connecting with other marketers around the ecosystem. 💚​

I am a product marketer still in training. So I am assisting as much as I can in marketing our products while learning lots of new (and some old) stuff about marketing. And occasionally I also assist with event management. 

What is your favourite work gif? 

I don't use gifs often but when we celebrate something I love to use this office gif:

Do you have a hobby or something you enjoy when not working? 

About 5 months ago I started doing Kung Fu twice a week and I love it. And whenever I have had a stressful day, you can find me outside taking a walk while listing to a podcast. 

Like # people like this
LaToya Muff _Snyk_ December 5, 2023

So excited that I found this group.

I focus on Growth Marketing and support a number of Atlassian products (Bitbucket, Jira, Compass). 

My favorite work gif
Peanuts gif. Cast of characters shout for joy in a living room while colorful balloons fall down from the ceiling. Banner in the background reads, "Happy New Year!"

My hobby when not working: soapmaking

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Sipka Fruzsina (META-INF)
Marketplace Partner
January 25, 2024

Hey all, lovely to be here with you!

I got to know the Atlassian ecosystem just about a year ago, and now I am starting a new field for me as a Product Marketer. Glad to hear any best practices! :) 

I love a lot of campaigns, and looove the Superbowl commercials. One of my all-time favorites is this ad from Reddit: https://twitter.com/reddit/status/1358572629729320960

My favorite work (and non-work) gif is 

Like Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events