• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

What salary should an Atlassian administrator ask for? Edited

Hello,

could you please help me figure out an Atlassian Admin's salary? For me, it is not easy to figure the salary range for this one, since not a lot of people I know work in this area so I have little to compare with.

I am working in Europe in IT as a freelance Atlassian Administrator. This means that I administer Jira, Confluence, Crowd, ranging from installing, upgrading, configuring, troubleshooting, consulting with users and doing a business analysis. I also have a intermediate knowledge of Linux, PostgreSQL and other parts of the application needed. This, and I own an ACP-100, 300 and 400.

I have 4 years of experience in the area professionally, and 3 years of experience in the area as a hobbyist.

What would be a appropriate hourly / MD rate to ask?

Thank you for any advice you might have, however unusual this question / discussion topic might be.

2 comments

Hi Kamil,

this is pretty hard to answer. Europe is big and has a great range of salaries, I think.

So if you are in an area, where salaries are lower at all, your rate should be lower, if you are somewhere with high salaries, you can take higher rates.

Sometimes it also depends on the customer, companies in the automotive sector may accept higher rates as education institutions.

Like Vinu likes this

Hi @Kamil Beer

Yes this is indeed a difficult one to answer!

I know of Jira administrators who ask 500-600 GBP/hour. But with your product experience and the certifications backing you up I feel companies will be ready to shell out 100-200 more.

Also as @Bastian Stehmann _neusta portal services_pointed out, this may wary with the area you are in. 

But whichever area it is, you can demand a much higher rate than the average that is there and people who need your expertise will be very willing to pay for it.

Exciting prices for Russia per hour!

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you