why is my remaining time not updating

I'm having an issue where my Remaining Time on an issue is not be changed when I log work on a sub issue.  The colored bars adjust correctly however the numbers do not change.  

For the example with the screenshot below:

The parent task has an estimate of 7h. For the sub-task I logged 2h of work.  Even though the parent task is showing 2h of time logged it still is says that there are 7h of time remaining. 

I'm almost 100% sure that I saw before when I set time logged by a sub-task it was subtracting it from the parent task as well.

Capture.PNG

2 answers

Hello Andrew,

If you try again to log work but not including the Remaining information, will it keep at the value of 7?

If you are using Tempo interface to Log work, which is different than JIRA, you might be putting a value for remaining every time you log work and this might be the reason why it keeps at seven.

It's just a guess tho.

Thanks!

Hope it helps!

Primarily answered in the Support request, but basically there are some suggestions asking for this to be changed and/or to be configurable:

The way it is today is by design. An Agile perspective is discussed in this topic: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/84349

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot