user properties no more available

Mauro Bennici January 23, 2019

some time ago I set up a bunch of user properties for my Jira cloud users, but the new user administration screen doesn't show them anymore.

I still see the user props when I make reports, so the data is still there, there's no way to change them though.

What happened?

2 answers

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Just a quick update:

[ID-7082] has been fixed.

The user properties are available again from the UI. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hello Mauro,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Just to make sure that we are on the same page, you are talking about the Site administration > Users, is that correct?
If so, can you please let us know what properties are missing?
Also, can you give us more details about what do you need to change?

This information will help us to better understand what is happening in order to replicate the issue on a test instance.

Regards,
Angélica

Mauro Bennici January 29, 2019

Yes, that is the page, the missing items are the “user properties”, custom key/value couples that you could set up in the user management screen before the last jira cloud update.

Mauro Bennici February 4, 2019

@Angélica Luz sorry may I ask you an update?
I need those properties to correctly report the activities, now I have users with user properties set that I cannot change, and new users that I cannot set at all.

Please let me know what changed and why.

thanks.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2019

Hi Mauro,

Thank you for the details.
Currently, the new UI doesn't have the user properties.
There was a bug raised for this, but it was changed to a feature request:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6721
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

As a workaround, you can use the direct link:
<cloudsite>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/user/EditUserProperties.jspa?name=<username>

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz sorry, but this is not acceptable.
This is a heavy downgrade of the software usability, I have a whole lot of processes depending on user properties.
Please tell me how I can revert to the old user administration page.

thanks.

@Angélica Luz in addition, extraction by filters of the user properties stopped working again. I raised a bug for this, it was solved, but a few days later the .csv dump from the filter page started giving out wrong results again.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2019

Hi Bob,

I've created a ticket with our support on your behalf, so we can check another workaround for your instance and also give you more details about all the changes.
You will receive a confirmation email and soon we will contact you.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer