how to set a transition to update the assignee feild

chris brown July 16, 2012

in my workflow when a story is delivered, can I set the transition to reassignee the story to my QA user? Also, If QA rejects the story, can transitions reassignee the story back to the programmer?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

You can use "Update Issue Field" or "Copy value from Field to Field" post function. The firts one can be used if you know the value already and is same for all issues. Use the second one if the value is different on different issues and is stored in some other field.

chris brown July 17, 2012

thank you all for your help, update issue field worked perfectly for this.

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

Hi Chris,

Here it is some documentation about working with Post Functions in the workflow:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Applyingpostfunctionstotransitions

Like Jobin said, you can use the Update Issue Field for Assignee, description, summary and more.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

Both of your needs...

Assign to QA when story is delivered
Assign back to Programmer in the event that QA reject the story

..can be achieved using the (free) JIRA Misc Workflows plugin.

Specifically, the post functions you need are:

Assign to role member

Assign to last role member

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

The problem is that On Demand you cannot install plugins

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

Gaaah! I read the question and not the tags.

Suggest an answer