how to create an Admin account

Alain September 25, 2019

hi to all, 

I would like to create an admin account to Jira, like this one (see image), so that I could install addons such as saml SSO and others. Could anyone assist or teach me the detailed procedure on how to successfully create one? Thanks!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Zn9P-EtDlQo/maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault

Regards,

Alain

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Note you don’t create admin accounts you add users to the admin role. You must be an admin to add another user to the admin role.

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

you should have a jira-administrators group`, just create a user and add it to that group

Alain September 26, 2019

if possible, can you it to me in steps? thanks in advance

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019
  1. Go to the admin cog (right upper side, close to your profile button) and select users admin
  2. if you have to create a new user, just create it with the create new button (i use jira in spanish so the labels could not be exact)
  3. search that user and go to edit user groups (it should be under the three points button at the end of the user line)
  4. select the jira-administrators group and add it
  5. you got it

Note that according with the configuration of your jira maybe the group name can change (not sure about it), in any case if you search that group in the groups option in that same users admin page you should find at least one with a label of ADMIN, that's your group.

Suggest an answer