how to add existing issue to backlog in jira cloud

mnpiad November 25, 2016

Hello,

I have already created an issue with the create button. How can i add the existing issue in the backlog of scrum board ?

also when i try to create an new issue from the backlog that is also not visible in the backlog. it just says new issue created but is not visible in backlog

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2016

It happens automatically.

A board selects a set of issues.  If you create a new issue, it needs to match the criteria for that board.  I suspect your board says something like "project = X" and you've created the issue in project Y, so it's not in the backlog.  Or "project = X and status != new" and the new issue is in status new.   Or... well, there's loads.

mnpiad November 25, 2016

yes thankyou. i  neeed to meet the criteria as per the doc as i have custom workflow and i have changed the default state and transition and it was not matching to board column criteria

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-scrum-backlog-764478062.html

Like Josh likes this
Josh June 6, 2019

This helped, a good eyeopener. I had to include new columns on the board to reflect the workflow of the previously created issues before they could now show

Suggest an answer