how to add epics into a folder in structure plugin?

Pavel_Morc April 19, 2020

how to add epics into a folder, on higher level than epics? 

2 answers

0 votes
Pavel_Morc April 19, 2020

i thought in structure plugin

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

Hi @Pavel_Morc 

Depending on which folders we are discussing here. For manually created folders, you would have to add a generator (Automation+>Insert>JQL) which will put your epics there. But if we are talking about grouper folders, only manual adjustments can help here. Again, I will need more information before providing more in-depth suggestions.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Pavel_Morc April 20, 2020

my structure:

level 1 - epics

level 2 - issues

and i want structure:

level 1 - folder

level 2 - epics

level 3 - issues

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

Hi @Pavel_Morc 

You can create a folder in your structure (under top row) and then move (drag and drop) generators (not the issues) under that folder.

Regards,
Egor

it doesn´t work, because i don´t know how to create new level above my epics, i can only create folder on the same level as epics.  

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2020

Hi Pavel,

But you can move epics down the level, under folders, which essentially puts a level above the epics. Or I misunderstand what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Egor

yes, it works. thank you

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2020

Glad to help, Pavel

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2020

Hi @Pavel_Morc 

In case you are only using Jira Software then there is no other level above Epic. However you can still link it to any other issue using links in Jira. If you want to create hierarchies then also take a look at Portfolio for Jira or may be Structure app.

Ravi

ID_Vijaysareddy May 25, 2021

Hello Ravi Sagar!
I'm new to JIRA. I have created 6 epics but I want them to be differentiate into 2 folders( 3 in each). 
Can you please help me in creating the folders?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer