field selection seems not kept in select field

Carolina SILVA November 26, 2021

hello

I have several select list and a different behavior occurred recently.

We used to pick the field we want in the select list and it was highlighted in blue to show selected field.

Today a user warn me that when he select a field, and then continue it's jira creation, selection disappears so it it like the selection is not kept.

I also reproduce myself.

I can create my Jira because selection is in fact kept, but for a UI experience it is not user friendly.

Any idea pleasE? 

3 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA ,

Thanks for including the screenshots.

I am understanding that:

1. the field that visually looses the selection is the required one
  2. this problem does not prevent the creation of new issues
  3. therefore it is just a problem of visualisation of the selected value
  4. but the value is correctly being saved and shown on the issue detail view

I would recommend contacting Atlassian Support describing the problem just like here, including your explanation and description of this buggy behaviour.

I personally prefer custom fields of type Checkboxes than Select List (multiple choice), since I think they offer a better user experience:

If you have selected multiple values, checkboxes won't be unselected on accidentally clicking another value without holding the Ctrl key pressed (unlike the other field type). I think this has nothing to do with the behaviour you are experiencing (unless clicking on your second field while keeping CTRL key pressed solved the issue, which shouldn't be the case).

I think creating new fields of Checkboxes type and copying the values from the previous fields would workaround the problem. Copying field values can be easy if you export to CSV and then import mapping the old field values to the new ones (see Updating existing issues).

Another way of copying values would be through multiple consecutive bulk change operations, although it would take more time.

Please, keep us posted once Atlassian Support provides a definitve answer on this issue, which might be affecting all/other Jira Cloud instances.

Thanks!

Carolina SILVA December 1, 2021

Thanks @Ignacio Pulgar for your experience sharing, I will keep your advice about checkboxes and may suggestit to my Jira users . Thanks 

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
0 votes
Carolina SILVA November 29, 2021

jira selected field.pngHello @Ignacio Pulgar

I have 2 lists for fields 'platform' and 'reported on version' and When I select one for 'platform' it put in blue and when I click on below field list to select my 'reported version' the 1st selected field is not blue anymore.

I am sure, it use to keep both selection highlighted in blue, to allow user to see selected field

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA ,

I don't understand the exact problem.

I think if you included several screenshots together with your explanation I could get a better idea of the problem you are describing and I would have more chances of being able to help you.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer