custom fields with formula

unnikrishnan February 10, 2020

Hi,

I would like to introduce a custom fields that ca derive the data based on a calculation with the help of other 3-4 custom fields .

Would that be possible in JIRA ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

What sort of data is involved with the fields? Are they all numbers, or are there some strings involved?

Only numbers.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

If there's only numbers, then you have a few options.

There's Abacus which lets you calculate values and set the field values of other fields based off these calculations.

There's also Automation for Jira Lite where you can set up easy-to-configure automation rules, and with this lite version you get 300 automations per month, after that you would need to upgrade to a paid version

Thanks for the update.Do we have any option without the paid plug-ins ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2020

@unnikrishnan I have had a look around the marketplace and I don't believe there are nay free add-ons for what you are trying to achieve, nor are there any built-in functionalities within Jira that allow you to do this

unnikrishnan February 13, 2020

Okay. Thanks Callum.

Suggest an answer