can I add a group of clone issues into a new epic?

Justin P Lambert December 13, 2016

In many apps, this would be called creating and using templates, but I'm not finding that terminology or functionality referenced here. Sorry if I'm just blind. 

Basically, I've created a number of epics that describe the planning, creation, and distribution of deliverables that are very similar if not identical to each other. I've also created (in this case) 9 story issues that fit within one of the epics. I'd love to be able to copy those stories into all the rest of the similar epics and then just go in and make minor edits as needed as opposed to creating the stories over and over again. 

Thanks,

Justin

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Justin, this sounds like an outstanding suggestion sitting with Atlassian here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-7721 I had a quick look at it and there's no plans at this stage to implement it but if you vote for it, you can add your voice to group requesting it. 

There is an addon https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCPP that would let you bulk clone but that is only for server instances and looking at your tags, it looks like you have Cloud/On Demand. The only other way I can think of to bulk clone is to use the Command Line Interface. Otherwise I'm afraid it's a manual process to clone each of the tickets and attach them to the new epic/make your minor changes. 

Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

This won't help you as again it's for Server but I'll note it down just in case you go to Server or someone else finds this answer as I remembered another way that I've bulk cloned, which is to use the Structure add-on. 

Suggest an answer