application links not working

cori schlegel May 21, 2015

We've got 50 + JIRA projects with application links configured to related Confluence Spaces. For quite a while clicking on the badge in the upper left of the JIRA project would pop open a relaed applications window that would allow us to navigate directly to the related space. Several months ago that functionality disappeared and now those links don't seem to do us any good at all.

Did this functionality get removed?

3 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hey Cori,

Since the application navigator is not showing on Confluence, can you please double check the configuration on your Confluence Admin panel > Application Navigator?

In case your JIRA instance is not showing there, you might want to add it on that section.

Otherwise please check your logs for any errors related to application links or application navigator.

I hope it helps.

Eduardo

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hi Cori,

If you open Applications Links on JIRA and you don't see Confluence, please create an issue on support.atlassian.com so we can restart the instance. The restart will recover the Applications Links.

If you are referring to Application Navigator (the links shown on the menu located on the top left), then you may create the links manually.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Hello Paula; if what you mean when you say Applications Links is the modal pop up that appears when you click the badge next to the project name then what's happening is that that pop up doesn't show up at all in JIRA, and neither does the little "i" icon that used to appear when you hovered over the badge.

I assume restarting the instance will disrupt activity in the application during the duration of the restart?

0 votes

Now that I look closer it seems like the functionality still works in Confluence but not in JIRA. Even after deleting and readding the link, the JIRA popup is not available.

Suggest an answer