Workflow editing not saved

Ragnar Børsum November 23, 2020

Im trying to edit my workflow, and stuck on last steps.

(jira, classic software project, imported KanBan WorkFlow, edited a bit...)

In WorkFlow edit: Trying to connect my “incoming” box “Backlog” to my “ToDo”, ref.

Before editing: Picture one. (discovered I cant add screeenshoot, then its complicated to explain...)

I try to connect two status with a transition, and it give me an error like "You can not perform this function on a workflow template". I actually get this in Norwegian as "Du kan ikke utføre denne funksjonen på en arbeidsflytutkast", if that makes any sence. (it does not to me, even Im a Norwegian...)

Any guidance apreciated...

Ragnar...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi Ragnar,

sorry to hear you had a hard time with the workflow edits - but good to hear it is solved now!

In case you are interested in some further reading, for example the "Tips and Traps", I will paste you a couple of links here.

Cheers,
Daniel

Ragnar Børsum November 24, 2020

Thanks for the reply. The step that made me able to find the right path to a solution, was switching language to EN (from Norwegian). Dispite I'm a Norwegian, the terms and frases used was not known to me, so better with EN...

Thanks for the links, I will read it when time comes.

R.

0 votes
Ragnar Børsum November 24, 2020

I figured it out, and the language was the reason for me to not understand: I cant do some type of editing on an active work flow...

Made it inactive, edited, and activated it - problem solved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events