Why is jira at atlassian.net so extremely slow?

Ronald Verheul April 28, 2021

It takes at least 50 (!!!) seconds to load a simple single issue page.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Ronald Verheul It may be something to do with your custom items such as custom fields, or perhaps the page you are trying to load has been overloaded with things.

I would recommend that you click here and open a support ticket with Atlassian, who can help investigate your site and let you know exactly why it is taking so long to load - there may be a technical issue behind the scenes which they can identify

Ronald Verheul April 29, 2021

Well, i just tried and got bumped with the friendly message:

"If you need technical support, ask your admin to file a request on your behalf. Only Jira Software admins, billing contacts, and technical contacts can create support requests for Jira Software"

And that won work for me since i have no clue who is our admin and assume our admin himself doesn't know either.

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Any jira admin should be able to do this - so anyone you would normally go to if you needed a new/change to a custom field, workflow, permission scheme etc

Ronald Verheul February 24, 2022

We have opened a ticket at Atlassian support. But nothing came out of that. In fact they sounded completely clueless. :-(

Suggest an answer