Why is a filter date range excluding issues?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2023

In a filter, resolutionDate <= "2023/3/31" doesn't capture issues whose resolution date = "2023/3/31".  In order to capture those issues, I have to use resolutionDate < "2023/4/1" in the filter. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2023

Hi @Phil Bustin

the problem here is that "2023/3/31" marks the beginning of the day, 00:00. If you'd like to search for all issues within that day, you could specify it like "2023/3/31 23:59".

Hope that helps,
Matthias.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2023

Thanks!

Paul M
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2024

Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

Is there any chance Atlassian will change this? Currently, the date time fields are not working for the "Basic issue search" function. It is not possible to add a time, just the date. This confuses users who do not have experience with JQL and advance search possibilities.

Issue_filter.png

Best regards,

Paul

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

Hey @Paul M

welcome to the Atlassian Community.
I'm not working for Atlassian, so I can't fully answer if Atlassian will change that. Based on my impression, I'd say: Don't wait for it, but feel free to raise a support issue for this.

Atlassian is currently investing a lot into their AI capabilities and one of them is that you can search with natural language which the AI will convert into a JQL. For dates/times this conversion already works quite good.

Hope that helps,
Matthias.

Paul M
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the AI function.

Best regards,

Paul

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders