Which timezone do worklogs use?

Benjamin Buchwald April 6, 2021

Hello guys,

What time zone is used for worklog entry? I am in the GMT+2 (CET) Berlin time zone. But when I enter a worklog, it says 18:00. Is there a way to set this?

Kind regards,

Benjamin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I just go to the 3 points on the right side and choose log work. Then I get the screen as shown in the screenshot below

Atlassian_1.PNG

Atlassian_2.PNG

The log is at 8 o'clock but I took the screenshot and the worklog just now, that is at 1:27 pm not 8:00 AM

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Have you set your profile time zone at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences?ref=jira&src=personalsettings

It seems that if you didn't do that then the Australian time is used by default. Probably a small issue on the Atlassian side.

Are there any other settings, i have to do? Below you can see my personal settings.

Atlassian_3.PNG

I guess these are the global account settings.Atlassian_4.PNG

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Benjamin Buchwald , you can set your timezone in personal settings.

What exactly would you expect and what is displayed?

Hi @Jakub Sławiński ,

in personal settings, my timezone is the right one. I added a worklog entry today, but the date was shown as March 30, 2021. It's a bit weird.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2021

Can you share some screenshots? How exactly are you logging your time?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events