Where did the small down-arrow go in the dashboard gadgets so that you can edit or delete a gadget?

Sutter Schumacher October 15, 2012

Now that we've been upgraded to 5.2, the options to delete or edit a dashboard gadget -- which were previously visible when you hovered over the coloured-bar at the top of the gadget -- appear to be missing.

I can't find any reference to a change of fucntionality in the JIRA documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(This affects our users on both Firefox and Chrome, so I don't think it's a browser-specific issue.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

If it's anything like our instance of JIRA, it's still there. It's just hiding. Have a look at the screenshot below, and you'll see the very top edge of it which is still clickable. This isn't a permanent solution (assuming it's any solution at all), but I thought it might prove helpful.

Hi Tanner, Thanks for the reply. We also had that issue up until last night -- at least could do something with that.

However today, even that's not showing. Hovering over most of the blue bar region displays the ability to drag the gadget around on the dashboard. If we hover over few mysterious pixels in the right corner, we get a tool tip to maximise the gadget. But that's it...

Sutter

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

you're welcome.

Update: Had bad info from one of our users -- the problem only surfaces in Chrome; Firefox is fine.

Based on this and JRA-22927, looks like it's a Chrome issue. :(

Thanks again, Tanner, for the help.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

i did a quick search and i came up with this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29927

Suggest an answer