Validator

Lena Sargsyan May 2, 2023

Screenshot Validator_2023-05-02.png

Hi,

I have set a validator forbidding to transition issues from In Progress to On Hold without a comment why they set an issue to the On Hold  status.

But when I was trying the validator it turned out that I cant transition the issue at all - after getting the error message I added a comment, but still couldn't transition the issue.

Please advise what is wrong ?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi there,

The answer is in your screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 09.46.03.png

If you want a comment to be provided, you will have to show a screen in this transition, the comment field will be on there by default. In your instance there will normally be some "Comment" transition screens available already.

Hope this helps!

Jeroen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

There's a bit of technical detail I want to add to this.  (Which is going to sound pedantic, because computers are very pedantic) 

Simple field validators check that a field is filled or has a certain value given some conditions.

The comment validator you have chosen is not checking that there are comments on the issue, like most field validators are, it is checking that the human has entered a comment during the transition.  To do that, you need the transition to have a screen associated with it, so Jira can pop it up and ask for a comment!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events