Validator "Field has been modified Validator" not working

Hi,

In my workflow I want to use a validator in order to not allowing to change to an status if one field is not filled. I have added this validator named "Field has been modified Validator" but when testing the user can pass to the next status even if the field is not filled.

Is there anything else to add to the validator to make it works?

Thanks

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Can you try it along with the "Fields Required" validator? The one you have will make sure a field value is changed if it is already populated I guess.

Dear Jobin,

I haven't that validator in Jira OnDemand. The only one related to fields is this one, and the description is:

"Field value must be changed during the transition. "

So I guess that if the field doen't change I could not go to the next state.

Thanks for your help

I understand why you are using "Field has been modified Validator". But since it is not working for empty values, you might want to try this.

I see the validator in onDemand. Name is slightly different and I have updated it.

I am sorry but I don't understand. What should I try? I haven't anohter validator to control that the field is filled.

Thanks

Dear Jobin,

I will appreciate if you could explain your answer to me. I would like to solve my problem with this validator.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

149 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you