Validator "Field has been modified Validator" not working

Operations Superviso Jira 2 December 10, 2013

Hi,

In my workflow I want to use a validator in order to not allowing to change to an status if one field is not filled. I have added this validator named "Field has been modified Validator" but when testing the user can pass to the next status even if the field is not filled.

Is there anything else to add to the validator to make it works?

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Operations Superviso Jira 2 December 15, 2013

Dear Jobin,

I will appreciate if you could explain your answer to me. I would like to solve my problem with this validator.

Thanks

0 votes

I am sorry but I don't understand. What should I try? I haven't anohter validator to control that the field is filled.

Thanks

0 votes

Dear Jobin,

I haven't that validator in Jira OnDemand. The only one related to fields is this one, and the description is:

"Field value must be changed during the transition. "

So I guess that if the field doen't change I could not go to the next state.

Thanks for your help

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

I understand why you are using "Field has been modified Validator". But since it is not working for empty values, you might want to try this.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

I see the validator in onDemand. Name is slightly different and I have updated it.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Can you try it along with the "Fields Required" validator? The one you have will make sure a field value is changed if it is already populated I guess.

Suggest an answer