Using forms and moving a subtask

dennish_dcsorg_com May 17, 2022

Ok so this might be a bit complex. I'd like to create a form for a project that users can enter feature requests, and once a form is submitted an issue is created, however.....I'd like to find a way to move that issue and make it a subtask of a specific existing issue (not the parent or trigger issue)

I've created an issuetype called "Feature Request"

Set the form to use that issue type

New issue is created with issue type "Feature Request"

Now I'd like to automate moving that issue so it's a subtask of an existing issue (a regular task) called Feature Requests, so final goal is to have the feature request issuetype become a subtask of the Feature Request issue

Is this possible (without buying more add-ons)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dennish_dcsorg_com May 18, 2022

Well, it turns out you CAN set a specific issue in the Parent Issue setting, just click on the field (not the dropdown options) and start typing. Works perfectly. Would be nice if Atlassian mentioned that.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Hi @dennish_dcsorg_com 

What are you trying to achieve by doing this? Are you trying to group those feature requests under a specific feature?

Why not use issue linking or better Epic links? Let us say those new issues come in your backlog and when you decide to deliver them or work on them or organise them then simple drag them to the Epic. If not Epic then may be use FixVersions along with Components.

Ravi

dennish_dcsorg_com May 17, 2022

This is for a classic business project so if I'm not mistaken we can't use Epics

Yes we want all user requests to go under a single issue as sub-tasks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events